Wednesday, October 17, 2007

How do I surrender all to God?

This is a question that most of us, if we’re honest, have struggled with, I know I have, so hopefully I can answer this question for you Yo. I think that the first place to start is to realize that everything already belongs to God. Check out this verse: 1Chronicles 29:11 “Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all.”

Secondly, I notice that anytime Jesus called someone He asked them to leave everything and follow Him. Matthew 4:19-20 "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." 20 “At once they left their nets and followed him.” Luke 14:33 “In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple.”

To be surrendered you must first acknowledge that fact that God owns it all, and if you are going to follow Him you have to deny your ambitions and desires and replace them with His.

Mark 8:34b, 35 "…If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it.”

Remember this one thing: Surrendering you life doesn’t mean that God is automatically going to send you to some far away place to be a missionary, unless that is part of His purpose and plan for your life. What ever it is that God is calling you to do He must have your heart before He can do it. Don’t resist Him, let God use you…remember it’s no longer you, but Christ who lives in you.

Galatians 2:20 “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”

I hope this helps you. Thanks again for your question! John Lee

No comments: