Friday, October 5, 2007

Will I Ever be rich?

Christopher, there’s a question that I have asked once or twice as I’m sure many have, so you are not alone in thinking about it.

Let’s get right to it. From a purely secular point of view or worldview, the result of your wealth in life, monetarily speaking, has much to do with good work ethic and wise choices. Taking that into consideration, what does the Bible tell us about work ethic?

Look at Proverbs 24: 30-34
30 I went past the field of the sluggard, past the vineyard of the man who lacks judgment;
31 thorns had come up everywhere, the ground was covered with weeds, and the stone wall was in ruins.
32 I applied my heart to what I observed and learned a lesson from what I saw:
33 A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest-
34 and poverty will come on you like a bandit and scarcity like an armed man.
It is clear from looking at this scripture that if you want to be successful, you should not be like the sluggard. A sluggard is someone who is habitually lazy or inactive. Those ingredients lead to poverty.
The sluggard is a procrastinator; the sluggard takes the path of least resistance. The sluggard is foolish in the way he lives.
You want to avoid poverty, work hard. Live your life according to God’s word, and He will bless your efforts. Will you be financially rich? That depends on many factors. It is not wrong to be rich, as long as you will not make money or things an idol.
Trust God, give back to Him and you will find that you are rich indeed. God will always give you what you need.
Psalms 37:25
I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread.

God bless you and thanks for the question. I hope that this has been helpful to you.
Sammy

No comments: