Monday, October 8, 2007

Why is it so hard to Trust God? Why cant I feel like He really is there?

Hi really frustrated,
This is Pastor Jorge., I think what your question is very valid and I don’t think you are the only one that feels this way.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
But why is it so much easier to quote that verse than to really do it? How many times have I wanted the Lord to tell me right then what I should do?

When I began to examine the verse there is one key word there and that is “Heart”. I cant put God on a time limit and give Him an ultimatum. That shows that my heart is not totally submitting to Him. God in His all knowing wisdom holds all the answers to the questions that we have. The things we experience through out our lives are in His perfect plan, and they are there for God to receive the Glory.
Trusting in Him is one thing but then why cant I see Him and His works?

In John chapter 20 we have an awesome experience of Jesus appearing to Mary. In this part Mary is extremely depressed, frustrated. Her Savior, the one who she thought was the Messiah had been brutally murdered and now that she wanted to honor him in His death, His body was gone. She is so down that even when Jesus Himself appears she cannot recognize him. In the midst of her tribulation, Jesus was there! She just could not see Him. Jesus Christ gave us many promises, He would not be who He said He was if one of those promises were not fulfilled.

One of my favorite promises is John 16:33
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
Here are some other verses:

2 Timothy 2:13
if we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself.

Hebrews 10:23
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful

God is always there for us. I truly believe that our prayer focus should not be; “ Please God get me out of it!” But, “Lord please let me be patient so that I see YOU in the midst of all this trial”. God is not limited in the way He will show himself to us.

No comments: