Wednesday, September 5, 2007

If God really loves the world...

If God really loves the whole world, why does he let things like Katrina mess up so many lives? (Curious)

Your question is a very deep question that needs to be addressed through different views: God’s ultimate love, God’s justice, man’s disobedience, God’s providence. In your question, you begin with an argument that begs the question, “If God loves the world…” It appears that you may have some inclining of doubt that God does love the world. Simply stated, the fact is that ‘God loves the world,’ as stated in John 3:16. Not only so, God loves YOU! He’ll always love you and take care of you (1 Peter 5:6-7; Heb 13:5 - Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you).

However, you cannot separate God’s love and God’s justice. Because we are all sinners and we fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). In Genesis 3, Adam and Eve sinned which, in short, caused a corrupted world that we now live in. Because God is perfect and just, He cannot tolerate sin (Romans 3:25-26). That is why we have a mediator in Christ Jesus whom takes our sins and washes us clean as snow (Isaiah 1:18; Romans 10:10-11, 13).

Job was a man that suffered tremendous pain and yet he remained faithful to the Lord in all his suffering and was rewarded (Job 42). You see, God loves you just as you are, but in this life you will undergo sufferings, but always have hope. Because the truth is that Jesus loves YOU more than you can imagine, and He is always here, right beside you to comfort you and carry you through till tomorrow (Romans 8:31-39). Trust in Him because He cares for you.

Blessings in Christ. Dean

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jesus love us like you say he does, and he knows our heart Why does he let us suffer so much? we as parent never want our kids to suffer and we do what ever we can so that does not happen.

Christ Fellowship said...

As a parent of five children, I understand, as I never want my kids to suffer. Though, I know that they will. I recall when I awoke in the middle of the night and called 911, and when I was in the operating room and she screamed, “daddy, daddy, hold me,” and when I was in the emergency room; the only time that his pain subsided was when he fell asleep.

I know that Jesus loves me and my wife and children more than anyone in all creation (Romans 8:38-29). Yet in those times, when I do not understand why??? I know this... JESUS LOVES ME. JESUS LOVES YOU.

This is the true peace that I have in faith at the depth of my soul. Because He is the creator of all things, I trust in Him during all times and in all circumstances and consequences. It’s hard and it’s difficult, but in all those bad times and good times, I KNOW that He’s always carrying us through.

He loves you too. And, He loves your children. He has always loved you and He will always love you (1 John 4:7ff).

Dean.

All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us…Even when we are weighed down with troubles, it is for your comfort and salvation! For when we ourselves are comforted, we will certainly comfort you. Then you can patiently endure the same things we suffer.

2 Corinthians 1:3–4, 6