Saturday, September 29, 2007

What does manna look like and can I try some?

Hi, Tiffany S.
The AskGod.cc website said that you are a child, so I added some cool pictures for you while I attempted to answer your question.

Exodus 16:31
The people of Israel called the bread manna. It was white like coriander seed and tasted like wafers made with honey.


Below is a picture with some coriander seeds in it. They kind of look like Dip’n Dots to me.






Numbers 11:7 says, “The manna was like coriander seed and looked like resin.” Below is a picture of petroleum resin, which also resembles Dip’n Dots.


In Psalm 78, the Bible says, “He rained down manna for the people to eat; he gave them the grain of heaven.” So maybe manna was small and granular like rice or Dip'n Dots ice cream. However, there are verses that refer to manna as bread (Exodus 16 and John 6:31). So I am not completely sure. I do know that the Bible says that God stopped making manna after the Israelites entered the land of Canaan (Joshua 5:12). So you probably won’t be able to try any right now.

No comments: