Thursday, September 27, 2007

Why am I so confused about what to do with my life? I ask God for direction, but can't seem to get any answers.

Dear Confused,

Hi, this is Tony Isaacs. There are many things that confuse all of us based on the knowledge we have. That is why God has given absolutes through His written word that gives us direction. I believe the answer to your question is found in understanding God’s will for your life.

Psalms 119:105
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.

It is not hidden or unwritten. The scriptures give us clear direction about what we are to do to fulfill God’s meaning and purpose in our lives.

Let me give you six things I know that are written down concerning God’s Will for you:

1. He wants you to be saved- 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.”

2. He wants you to be led of His Spirit- Ephesians 5:17-18 “Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is. Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit.

3. He wants you to be pure- 1 Thess. 4:3 “It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality;”

4. He want us to be obedient to authority- 1 Peter 2:13 “Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men: whether to the king, as the supreme authority, or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. For it is God's will…”

5. He wants us to do right regardless of the cost- 1 Peter 3;17 “It is better, if it is God's will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.”

6. He wants us to have a thankful spirit- 1 Thess 5:18 “… give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus”

God is not like a spiritual “Easter Bunny” hiding his spiritual blessings saying, “You’re getting closer”. If we live out the principles that God clearly tells us in His word, then I believe our purpose and meaning will not be a mystery.

There is one thing that will distort our view about life and that is the “sin factor”, however God gives us an answer to that also.

I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Psalm 119:11

No comments: