Friday, September 21, 2007

Where can I find a prayer for protection in the Bible?

Hey Francois,

Thanks a bunch for your question. I would like to go right to the scriptures to answer your question. When seeking God's protection the best thing you can do is pray the scriptures. For it is there that we gain strength, peace and hope. Look at this passage:

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stubble and fall. Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident. One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple. For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle, and set me high upon a rock. Psalms 27:1-5

Probably one of my most favorite scripture passages for God's protection is Psalm 121. The entire chapter is excellent and a passage that I would encourage you to memorize. But look at verse 7-8. The Lord will keep you from all harm, he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

When you find yourself in need of protection and strength, take these passages and pray them to the Lord. Our Lord is blessed when we are praying His holy scriptures to Him.

Thanks again for you question.
Seek His Face Always
Pastor Sammy

No comments: